Project 1 Brainstorming

  • Look at student work and artists listed below, choose at least one to respond to. Use these examples as inspiration for this assignment.
I really like image number 10. It is the only image in this collection that is clearly about identity, but doesn't have a portrait image of the artist. It still shows how the artist has pulled their identity from both the state of Georgia and in Philadelphia. And how living in rural and urban settings have influenced their identity. I also aesthetically like the color/contrast and shape schemes.

  • Written brainstorm responding to the questions outlined below.
  • Who are you and how does your artistic practice reflect that identity? 
I am an observant person and pay attention to detail.  That reflects in my art because mainly my medium is realistic drawing where I need to focus on a small area for a good period of time.  That also reflects my patient nature.  I suffer from anxiety and depression and have found comfort and connection in macabre art. I am still learning who my artistic personality is.  
  • How does your presence on social media reflect that identity? 
Most of my social media is pictures of who I like to spend my time with and where.  I like to find beauty in architecture or nature or find a neat composition of random objects and capture them in photos and share with family and friends.  
  • How do your friends reflect that identity? 
My friends are all very different from each other and I think that explains my easy going personality and acceptance of all religions, races, genders, and other identities.  
  • How do your values reflect that identity?
I am a Christian and most of my values revolve around the Golden Rule of treating others the way I would like to be treated.  I think my values are a large part of what makes my identity.  I think I am a very empathetic person and take on other's emotions and though that can seem burdensome, it also feels very rewarding and helps me understand why people are the way they are and that enables acceptance.  
  • Is there a difference between your internal and external self?
Yes, I have thought of myself as a extroverted introvert.  I am a shy person, who second guesses every move I make, but I think that I try not to let that show in my external self.  
  • How do you present an image that communicates your personality?
I think that I have many different layers to my personality and could take many different routes.  I think my empathy, depression and just being stuck in my head explains me best.  I have thought for my project I might use a mostly black and white charcoal/conte drawing that I am proud of completing, but also shows a lot of my personality in it.  I am thinking to overlay it with a more translucent picture of my face/head and possibly work in text of old poetry. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Logo

Project 2 Response Questions