How do you feel about the overall outcome of this piece in relation to your art making process? I am very proud of my outcome on this project. I have never digitally created art before and I like that this piece still fits into the type of Art, like still life, that I usually do, but in a much different way and while broadening my skills. In what way did you integrate your personal art practice into this project? This piece is still a still life and incorporates the dark contrasts and realism that I usually work to achieve in drawing. 3. How did you challenge yourself creatively, conceptually and/or technically in the making of this piece? I was challenged by masking layers, creating shadows, and fulfilling the 30 layer requirement. It is hard for me to tinker around with different tools, but I made myself try and I gained more knowledge of the program and different ways to ...
(Commenting on this because I missed the last critique)
ReplyDeleteThis picture sends a huge message. If the church in the background was not there, it would not hit as hard. The building gives the message more context, and the cross seems to be glowing, too, which makes it even more dramatic. It is a slower read for me only because of the text-on-top-of-text on the stop sign. I can tell it is black text, so I know the contrast is more visible in person.
-Cerena
I love the boldness of the statement and in-your-face placement on the stop sign. As Cerena mentioned above, it looks like it was placed in front of a church, creating even more of a dialogue with the location. Many people attending church praying for it to help them in some way. I imagine such a person could be very affected by seeing your work. Powerful work!
ReplyDelete