Blog 2- Black and Blue

We live in an age that revolves heavily around technology , and with that- the internet.  In the article "Black and Blue: American Artist Is Redefining How We Think About Race in the Digital Age"Artist sheds light on the inability to define identity on the internet.  I found Artist's Facebook work very thought provoking where they replaced photos of themselves and others with blue squares.  But I liked even more how Artist referenced the Blue Lives Matter movement leaving us with the question, "how can you identify as blue, which is not anyone's actual identity?"  On the internet you are free to either have no identity at all or to create one that you wish to be without doing the legwork of actually becoming that person.  You can, like the article says, "invest in a software instead of becoming a better person."  Like Artist, I can decide to make my art reflect on my identity.  In my Animal Composite I used jellyfish, who are independent, intuitive, and go with the flow.  Magpies are intelligent and curious birds.  Cats can be suspicious, anxious and affectionate.  And I see narwhals as deep and meaningful beings.  I chose these random animals to combine as a way to share traits of my personality and identity. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Personal Logo

Project 2 Response Questions